Flat Classroom Certified Teacher Course

0

Posted by Heather Davis | Posted in FLAT CLASSROOM CERTIFIED TEACHER, WHAT I AM LEARNING | Posted on April 7, 2011

I never dreamed when I first heard about Flat Classroom a few years ago how involved I would become in the pedagogy and the projects. I have had the privilege to be a judge on a number of projects including the very first Eracism Project. That was very special as I had been at the Qatar conference when the students created the concept.

During the fall and into the winter my class was part of the pilot project for elementary children. They loved it and consider it a high point of their school year.

After being a part of that project I realized how important it was for me to get a strong foundation on the whole process and so am thrilled to be part of the second FCP Certified Teachers course. It is great to see so many of the teachers in this session that also shared the pilot project with me.

I love what I have learned and read so far. The concept of the “push” “pull” technologies is exciting to consider. It did, in all honesty, take me a little while to work out which was which, I must be a bit slow, but once I understood that “pull” technologies work to pull the information to me it all became crystal clear.

I found a number of things that I want to try and to experiment with which for me is exciting. I know the best is yet to come.

Write a comment